Sunday, September 23, 2007

The blog that ate my soul..

Bloggers' world of hits and missives
Web writers becoming obsessed with traffic

Almost every person I know seems to have a blog. Some are furtive about it, some are downright boastful, but here's what they have in common: They don't "own" their blogs, their blogs "own" them.
In fact, their blogs have changed their lives.


http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117972417.html?categoryid=1&cs=1


I can see how blogging would make you more driven and neurotic than before, but then, if you were like that previously, it's paradise for the creative mind! Me, I find blogging like saving $70 you would spend with a councilor, or with friends having drinks - it's like when primary school teachers would ask you to put what you want to say on a piece of paper - if there is something you want to say, indulge yourself. I find being a "blogger" more useful as a point of creativity and expression, no matter how much you lose your inhibitions, than telling someone that Britney Spears got drunk and flashed herself again.

Really, if I am just getting to one person out there..

No comments: