Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boring rainy midweek movie time!

So, having nothing really to do today, I decided to chuck on Lost in Translation.. and I forgot much how I really liked this movie. Mind you, I haven't seen it since it came out, but you know how you like a movie, then never see it again for what seems like an eternity? And then you feel hungry, but really only craving Starburst lollies? Where was I again?!?

There's something completely alluring about Tokyo at night. See, if I was completely bored with my life and creatively stunted, I'd also go to Tokyo. I would take a dip in a swimming pool on the roof of my hotel, drink saki's and hang out with Scarlett Johansson.. she looks like good company!




Things I've learnt from this movie:

- Bad karaoke can brighten up even the dullest room, and I believe we should trial it on Monday nights at the library, or maybe at the staff meetings. I've always wanted to belt out an Elvis Costello song in front of 2 people.

- If I was looking to 'find myself' why not Tokyo?? I mean, they seem so willing to allow you to go wild, and if you decide to do something against the law, the worst to happen is that they'll shoot you - with plastic guns. Yes!

- I'm so glad no-one has decided to copy Japanese talk/game shows for an Australian audience. Though, if they did do that, we would have a lot more people reading!!

- Japan might be an over-populated place, but I wish our streets looked and were lit up like it was Christmas everyday. We need to advertise EVERYTHING on neon billboards.

- I wish it was Santori time sometimes.

No comments: